Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
please needed advice

HELP- Advice Needed Please
Hello everyone , please I want to start a new forum but I need some advice on the better forum software to use (whether free or paid).
Help me decide based on:
1) Easy to setup, run and maintain.
2) Availability of addons and themes (free)
3) Fix issues and bugs quickly
4) Easy to edit template and update the script version
5) All purpose functionality.
Thanks and waiting for your contributions.
#front page pls
@Pedro, @Plus, @cbanklee, @ifexxy, @patrick, etc
I think most of those forum use Mybb, u can research on that CMS
(02-11-2018 07:17 PM)Profolaafe Wrote: I think most of those forum use Mybb, u can research on that CMS

Okay. Thanks for your contribution.
More...
(02-11-2018 07:20 PM)Bigga Wrote:
(02-11-2018 07:17 PM)Profolaafe Wrote: I think most of those forum use Mybb, u can research on that CMS

Okay. Thanks for your contribution.
More...

Alright , U are welcome
I wud come back to drop something tommorow
Xenforo Sir, Its good and rich
@Bigga my best advice go to forums and checkout their functionalities and structures and pick the ones you like the most. But my pick for you is go for mybb, though i am a xenforo user just as you i am getting used to it better now.
Better response on post RE: Advice Needed Please@Pedro will also tell you how hard mybb could be one of the best mybb forums in Nigeria include jdtrendz and nct but this guyz sat down and wrote their stories and if they tell what they passed or are passing through, then you would know that challenges and downfalls should be used to build steps to a higher ground. Dont forget @major gave us both the flatawsome theme together and i felt like dieing coz it was complex to me then. But now see how far i have come in www-nairaclan-com-ng. So optimism and courage is what it takes to run a forum. Nigeria is over 190 million and no nigerian site has reached 1 million member so the sky is wide enough for every bird as long as it is strong enough.
And lastly be willing to learn. If its the xenforo plugin thats the issue @Pedro posted a lot here even though i have being unable to download the zip file, other members posted other strong ones too, go to brivium and download free and useful addons, and you can also search for nulled ones or go to the forum you like and ask them to help you with that tin you loved about their siteIN MOST CASES WE WONT GIVE IT OUT and lastly running a forum without a personal computer is a very limiting factor. Let me drop my pen so the bosses can talk also. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin see you at the top.
(02-13-2018 08:33 AM)iamhessteem Wrote: And lastly be willing to learn. If its the xenforo plugin thats the issue @Pedro posted a lot here even though i have being unable to download the zip file, other members posted other strong ones too, go to brivium and download free and useful addons, and you can also search for nulled ones or go to the forum you like and ask them to help you with that tin you loved about their siteIN MOST CASES WE WONT GIVE IT OUT and lastly running a forum without a personal computer is a very limiting factor. Let me drop my pen so the bosses can talk also. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin see you at the top.

Thanks to all your contributions. I highly appreciate.
Hmmm
Better response on post RE: Advice Needed Please
(02-13-2018 07:23 AM)iamhessteem Wrote: @Pedro will also tell you how hard mybb could be one of the best mybb forums in Nigeria include jdtrendz and nct but this guyz sat down and wrote their stories and if they tell what they passed or are passing through, then you would know that challenges and downfalls should be used to build steps to a higher ground. Dont forget @major gave us both the flatawsome theme together and i felt like dieing coz it was complex to me then. But now see how far i have come in www-nairaclan-com-ng. So optimism and courage is what it takes to run a forum. Nigeria is over 190 million and no nigerian site has reached 1 million member so the sky is wide enough for every bird as long as it is strong enough.

U have said it all Big Grin it really gave issue but i assure u once uv learnt it ur gonna like ur hand work, it really took a lot of frustration and time from me to learn especially Mybb it was a bit hard but immediately i got some knowledge from @Pedro who helped me in many cases then it became easy but if ur looking for a forum u wont spend more on Mybb is there only if u have knowledge of Coding but on the other hand if u don't like stress and love good Colorful design and stress free then Xenforo is there too Good luck i hope to hear from u

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthor Replies Views Last Post
  MUST READ: Admins And Mods Needed On Nairaclan.com.ng iamhessteem 5 164 02-12-2018, 11:20 PM
Last Post: iamhessteem
  HELP: Help Needed Friends Pls Pus It Out naijaoxford 5 136 11-28-2017, 10:39 PM
Last Post: naijaoxford
  Mobile Ads Management Script Needed KAWSAR 0 86 11-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Last Post: KAWSAR
  HELP: Your Help Is Needed On Mybb Pls tjhenry 3 123 10-27-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Pedro
  HELP: News Ticker For Xenforo Needed major 11 207 09-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pedro
  HELP: Xenforo Addon Needed major 17 295 09-10-2017, 03:42 AM
Last Post: seromedaniel
  HELP: How To Set Dns For Wapego Help Needed Itsboygold 3 189 08-21-2017, 12:21 AM
Last Post: Itsboygold
  HELP: Mybb Theme Needed prince 0 116 07-30-2017, 09:24 AM
Last Post: prince