Since a month ago, i've been battling with a serious ear ache and i've visited hospitals, clinics and health centres but they only gave me series of drugs, injections and i even used 3 different types of ear drops(Chloraphenicol, gent., oto med) but the pain keeps increasing.
I didn't complete my project and couldn't even maintain my online job, i've spent thousands of naira on this same ear.
Lately, i bought a drug called fleming but it only reduced the pain a bit but ain't effective.
Please if you know any medication or drug that i can use, kindly comment below or refer me to any health site or an online doctor. Guess Nigerian doctors can't handle this situation.
• 08-05-2017, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 04:33 PM by Pedro.)
So sorry for the pains the earache must have cost you. Since you have tried different medications and the ache refused to disappear, I suggest you visit the hospital and consult a qualified doctor as there are many causes of this ache.
By the way, where do you stay? Let me know if I can recommend a good hospital for you.
don't worry about the location, i can travel
Alright. You can visit any of the following hospitals:
1. Abule Egba General Hospital. Go to the ENT section.
2. BSA Hearing And Speech Centre - Lagos Office 27, Amore Street, Off Toyin Street , Allen Avenue, Ikeja-Lagos.
But before then, you can try the following yourself but consult the doctor if it still persists. These methods have been proven to be working.
1. Naturopathic ear drops these are made from herbal extracts.
2. Tea tree oil. It has powerful antifungal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties. These can be applied as ear drops to reduce pain and discomfort. If you’re worried about sensitivity, you can mix a few drops of tea tree oil with a small amount of olive oil.
3. Garlic. It has both antibiotic and pain-relieving properties. One study found that eardrops containing garlic, among other ingredients, were just as effective as over-the-counter eardrops. Soak crushed garlic for several minutes in warm olive or sesame oil. Strain the garlic out and apply the oil into the ear canal.
4. Hydrogen peroxide. This has been used as a natural remedy for earaches for many years. To use this method of treatment, place several drops of hydrogen peroxide into the affected ear. Let it sit for several minutes before letting it drain into a sink. Rinse your ear with clean, distilled water.
Please try these remedies. I wish you quick recovery.
Thanks bro, i've bought garlic and Naturopathic ear drop today
I will try and buy the rest tomorrow.
BTW the pain has reduced this evening and my friends said that they saw a whitish thing inside the ear. I'll consult a specialist at UCH maybe they may have a clue about this situation.