(08-11-2017 06:43 PM)Ebuka Wrote: Thanks for this opportunity. I heard that Bitcoin just divided into 2. Please which of the versions would you recommend we invest in, accept or buy?
Nice question! It shows you are current!
True, Bitcoin has finally split into two namely Bitcoin (the original) and Bitcoin Cash (the clone). According to experts, "The split, called a “hard fork,” comes out of a bitcoin group’s desire to combat high transaction fees and a bitcoin size limit that made mining larger blocks invalid."
Now to the question as to which version to use, below is my view as well as some experts view.
1. 1 Bitcoin is worth $3565 while 1 Bitcoin Cash is worth just $600.
2. For you to access and make use of the new Bitcoin Cash, you must have the private key, which of course many Nigerians don't have as we depend on ewallets like Blockchain, Coinbase, etc.
3. If you use online wallets like Blockchain and Coinbase, you cannot access Bitcoin Cash as you are limited to Bitcoin (the original version).
4. Almost all popular merchants who accept Bitcoin don't accept Bitcoin Cash.
5. Bitcoin Cash is still very new and depends on the people to survive. If people don't patronise Bitcoin Cash as they patronise Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash would crash and cease to exist.
Hence, judging by the above points, it is advisable to stick with the real Bitcoin and be careful with your dealings with Bitcoin Cash to avoid stories that touch. However, if you know what you are doing, you can patronise it.