Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
to latest domain launched africa

Latest .africa Domain To Be Launched
Finally! Africa can now boast of its own internet domain, the announcement comes after years of legal battles which prevented ICANN from delegating .africa to Registry Africa.

The outgoing African Union chairperson, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma launched the .africa domain on Friday and hailed its creation as the moment when Africa “got [its] own digital identity”

According to her:

“The initiative will bring the continent together as an internet community under one umbrella, allowing e-commerce, technology and infrastructure to flourish.”

The domain will be rolled out by a South African company, ZA Central Registry in July. The report also claims that .africa addresses will cost $18 for anyone on the continent.

Me, after the $18 part:

Meanwhile, I am sure a lot of domain hoarders would be getting ready to hoard a couple of names. As for me, I can’t wait to see who gets important .africa addresses like travel.africa, mobile.africa or tobi.africa.
Let me do and purchase bitcoin.africa ..
Do you want to purchase credits? Click here!

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthor Replies Views Last Post
  SEO For Beginners SEO PART 1 – URLS AND DOMAIN NAMES patrick 2 183 11-07-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Lettuah
  3 Reasons Why You Should Always Add Older Posts Link To Latest Posts Plus 2 119 07-21-2017, 02:55 AM
Last Post: cbanklee