Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
version mobile create i mybb? how

TUTORIAL- How Can I Create A Mobile Version Of Mybb?
With a little work you can create a mobile version for your MyBB forum. It makes your forum mobile friendly, thereby, boosting your search engine optimisation. There are three easy ways that you can achieve a mobile friendly forum with little effort.

MyBB GoMobile

It’s a light weight mod that can be downloaded from the official MyBB site, and it is also downloadable and maintained on GitHub. Easy installation is why I recommend this mod / plugin. This mod comes with a gomobile_theme.xml and a plugin that you will need to install.

GoMobile is intended for MyBB 1.6.8, but there are reports that it can be made to work with 1.8. I included a solution at the end of this section.

[Image: gomobile.jpg]

This is what the GoMobile theme looks like.

The two step installation, as seen below, can’t get any easier:

INSTALLATION ------------ - 1. Upload the contents of the "Upload" folder to the root of your forums, keeping the folder structure intact. - 2. Visit your ACP > Configuration > Plugins sections and hit 'Install & Activate' for MyBB GoMobile

It’s possible to use this plugin with a different mobile theme such as the mobile theme that is included with
Metro Theme or the OrionMobile Simply find your mobile theme ID then in the MyBBGM plugin settings page enter that theme ID into the Theme ID field.

How to make GoMobile work with MyBB 1.8

Find gomobile.php file in the /inc/plugins/ folder and change the compatibility line from 16* to 18*. Look for something that resembles what I included below.

Quote:function plugin_name_info () { return [ 'name'           => 'plugin name', 'description'    => 'plugin description', 'website'        => 'website of the plugin', 'author'         => 'author', 'authorsite'     => 'website again', 'version'        => 'version', 'codename'       => 'code name', 'compatibility'  => '16', //What YOU'RE looking for ]; }

What is in bold is what you want to edit.

Tapatalk for MyBB

You’ve probably heard of this plugin that is available for many other forum software such as IPS, vBulletin, SMF, and the list goes on. Tapatalk is a free solution to make MyBB mobile friendly. This tried and true plugin is also easy to install and it is a favorite for many forum owners and members. Download and installation can be found at the official Tapatalk web site. Fortunately, it’s compatible with MyBB 1.6 & 1.8.

[Image: tapatalk.jpg]

This is how a forum look in Tapatalk.

ForumRunner for MyBB

Like Tapatalk, ForumRunner is another great way to get your forum mobile friendly with little effort.

Visit ForumRunner to see features. For those that jumped ship when InternetBrands took over vBulletin, you may want to know that IB owns ForumRunner.

[Image: forum-runner.png]

This is how forums look inside ForumRunner

Whether or not you use the above mentioned solutions to make your MyBB forum mobile friendly it’s important to know that mobile friendly sites can rank higher in search engines such as Google. If SEO is important to you then consider making your forum mobile friendly.

Source
Do you want to purchase credits? Click here!
Nice write-up Pedro
(05-19-2017 08:58 PM)hemelse Wrote: Nice write-up Pedro

Thanks
How can I get the theme ID of Mybb default theme
(06-22-2017 09:28 AM)ifexxy Wrote: How can I get the theme ID of Mybb default theme

Leave the default id that way. But to get forum ids, go to admin panel, click the forum name and check your browser for the id. Same with the theme.
(06-22-2017 09:28 AM)ifexxy Wrote: How can I get the theme ID of Mybb default theme

Leave the default id that way. But to get forum ids, go to admin panel, click the forum name and check your browser for the id. Same with the theme.
@Pedro how can i get the real go mobile theme that hase not been edited. like the 1 in the pix.
(09-22-2017 04:15 PM)sholasunshine Wrote: @Pedro how can i get the real go mobile theme that hase not been edited. like the 1 in the pix.

I have shared it already na. Or Google gomobile theme.
nice tutor.

Possibly Related Threads...
ThreadAuthor Replies Views Last Post
  HELP: I need Jdtrendz Mybb Mobile theme ifexxy 49 1,041 12-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Kingfisher
  SHARED: Focus - Premium MyBB Theme, Nct.com.ng Desktop View Shared for Free.. (Latest) Pedro 8 575 11-22-2017, 01:50 PM
Last Post: mjasiriamalidesk
  HELP: Help Me With Jdtrendz Mybb Theme Please V1 V1 adegoldop6 0 63 10-29-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: adegoldop6
  SHARED: Mybb Mydownloads Plugin Shared for Free (Latest) Pedro 5 178 10-16-2017, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Otahumele
  SHARED: Sha Free Mybb Theme Shared By Plus For Free V 1.0 Plus 2 142 09-30-2017, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Plus
  SHARED: The "Flash" Latest MyBB Theme Shared V 1.8.x Plus 4 168 09-26-2017, 01:14 AM
Last Post: msm
  SHARED: Focus Premium Mybb Theme, The Responsive Version Is Out, See Demo! (latest) Pedro 40 940 09-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Pedro
  SHARED: Nct.com.ng Default Mybb Themes Shared; Two Different Designs ! Pedro 11 906 09-11-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sholasunshine